The Special Projects Group at Apple is seeking an accomplished systems engineer. In this role, you will help integrate and test complex hardware and software systems on an autonomous system and develop methods and tools to run test analysis and capture testing gaps. You will need to think broadly, connecting ideas across multiple technical domains: software design and development, machine learning, data science, control systems, and simulation to name a few. You will be expected to view problems from multiple perspectives and at different levels of abstraction, and to tackle them from multiple directions. We expect successful candidates to demonstrate an ability to solve such problems efficiently, and to communicate about them effectively with a variety of audiences.
In this role, you will interact with many cross-functional teams including Electrical, Software, Mechanical and integration engineers. Being able to communicate ideas clearly, work through ambiguities, and negotiate solutions with these teams is essential to being successful.
– Work with cross-functional engineering teams on hardware and software-enabling technologies
– Specify, negotiate, and document user level behaviors
– Lead hands-on design, prototype, bring-up, and validation efforts
– Build system architecture specifications, block diagrams, and requirements documentation
– Review, influence, and challenge system performance decisions with new ideas
– Creatively influence product roadmaps across groups