We’re hiring a Staff Go Engineer to be a part of our technology team to build the backend for Openly’s insurance platform. You will play a critical role in designing, building, testing, and maintaining the Go services and the overall technology ecosystem that power our insurance products and customer experiences.
- Lead technical initiatives
- Spend a lot of time head-down in the code
- Proactively identify challenges, opportunities, and solutions with your team
- Consistently reduce complexity
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to create APIs to provide a best-in-class experience for our users
- Integrate with external services to manage payments, documents, and claims.
- Integrate with data providers to source real-time information on hundreds of data points, including property characteristics and risk profiles
- Build out our API’s so third-party resellers can purchase insurance from us programmatically
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions like microservices vs. monoliths, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, processes, etc.
- Build out our internal tooling and APIs to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer.
- Participate in daily stands, weekly 1:1’s, and biweekly retros
- Provide subject matter expertise and support
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g. promote best practices and mentor devs who want to learn from you)
- 8+ years of professional/production experience developing back-end web-stack applications
- Sustained track record of creating improvements in business-critical systems around stability, performance, and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complete systems from start to finish in a reasonable time frame.
- Ability to explain complex technical challenges to non-technical audiences.
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Frontend: Browser-based, VueJS, Webpack, Nuxt &, Tailwind
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Dev hardware: Macbook Pro’s
- We’re actively breaking up our monolith into microservices…
- Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud. We use GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use GitLab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines.
- Remote work tools: slack, zoom, gather.town, donut
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly, will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.