As a Sr. Software Engineer – Android at The Meet Group, you will be part of a team that creates mobile applications for one of the fastest growing social networks with over 90 million users internationally. Our Android implementation is fully native and focuses on performance, usability, and code quality. If you have Android programming experience and are passionate about building great products, we want to talk with you! We are very interested in what you have already created, so please include links to applications you have developed and published. If you have experience with Social Networking, that’s a plus but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t. Take a look at our app in the Play Store – see what we are all about!
As the Sr. Android Developer on our Android Team, you will:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
We’re looking for:
- Experience developing and shipping apps with the Android platform. Point us to your work in the Play store and show us what makes you proud!
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their lifecycles
- Experience writing highly performant Java and Kotlin code
- Experience with RxJava and strong understanding of reactive programming concepts
- Sharp Android UI Skills (Fragments, ConstraintLayout, etc.)
- Experience consuming data from APIs
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take our team to the next level
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most important challenges
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match
- Extensive PTO plan and flexible working hours
- Bi Weekly catered lunches, Bagel Fridays, endless supply of refreshments and snacks, fitness classes and social events
The Meet Group (NASDAQ: MEET) is a portfolio of mobile social entertainment apps designed to meet the universal need for human connection. We leverage a powerful live-streaming video platform, empowering our global community to forge meaningful connections. Our primary apps, MeetMe®, LOVOO®, Skout®, and Tagged®, entertain millions of mobile daily active users, generating untold numbers of casual chats, friendships, dates, and marriages. Our apps, available on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages, combine product innovation with sophisticated data science to both entertain and connect our audience. The Meet Group has a diversified revenue mix consisting of in-app purchases, subscription, and advertising, and we have offices in New Hope, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dresden, and Berlin. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.