Are you interested in developing, automating and improving capabilities to address technical issues of national importance and making a direct mission impact? In the Defense Intelligence Department, you can apply and expand software development and data skills to recommend solutions to large-scale data challenges.
Join our team to develop automated methods to ingest and analyze large datasets; conduct data analysis and data modeling; and develop prototype capabilities. The candidate will be expected to work independently, with Analysts, and with Data Scientists to develop new workflows and approaches to answer questions of national significance.
The successful candidate will work with Defense Intelligence customers to identify requirements and prototype cloud-based solutions, leverage Open Source capabilities, and define and develop solutions to meet multi-source analytical needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field. Candidate should possess the ability to be responsible for deliverables or parts of deliverables to MITRE customers.
- Experienced with Software Engineering, Development, and Architecture in Commercial cloud environments
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to successfully obtain a TS/SCI clearance with poly
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, software systems engineering, or a related technical field.
- Working knowledge and use of commercial and open source tools, and modern operating systems.
- Demonstrated technical leadership
- Experience applying data sciences techniques, to include artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistical modeling and data visualization
- Experience developing in a cloud environment and/or migrating capability to a commercial cloud.
- Understanding of Big Data tools (e.g., NoSQL DB, Hadoop, Mongo DB, ElasticSearch).
- Experience in agile software development paradigm (e.g., Scrum, XP), continuous software integration, test and deployment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS) Knowledge of Database systems, architecture and development, as well as MapReduce/Hadoop, Accumulo and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with automated testing and deployment tools (e.g. GitLab, Cloud Formation, SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, and Selenium)
- Security +, CISSP or equivalent certification
- Familiarity with Agile software development methods and continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and techniques