What you’ll do
We are looking for Software Engineers that want to build technology to transform how millions of people find jobs.
Your daily work may include some of the following tasks:
- Design and implement software solutions following enterprise grade security standards
- Design and implement software and infrastructure solutions capable of handling millions of transactions per day
- Propose and implement logging and monitoring solutions for reliability purposes
- Provide technical guidance for multiple projects to teams or individuals
- Back to basics with simple endpoints or alike from time to time
Some examples of projects that you might work on:
- Event system responsible for handling millions of lambda invocations per day
- Authentication and authorization layer for all our services
- Internationalization (i18n) and localization (i10n) engine
- Interlocking components designed to be client-agnostic, so each client can design hiring process as they please for each job position
- Data collection and processing pipeline for employee documentation required to get an offer from an employer
- Real time messaging app
What you’ll use
- Go; no framework
- Python; Django and Serverless
- Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Elastic Search
- AWS Cloud; Compute, Store, Content Distribution and Security services
- G Suite, Notion, Jira, Slack
Perks and Compensation
We’ve designed a Career Ladder, which is constantly improved as we grow, to make sure economic compensation is fair and based solely on experience and skills. Thus gender, race, religion, social class or anything besides individual performance is not taken into account for compensation packages.
For this role you can expect a yearly salary ranging from 30k to 50k (USD, gross).
Additionally, we offer the following perks
- “On-demand” policy for PTO
- Flexible vacations policy
- Budget for courses and books either for personal or professional growth
- Yearly bonus equivalent to 50% of one month
- Paid parental leave
For people legally authorized to work in Mexico, we also offer:
- Legally-mandatory benefits
- Worker health insurance
It’s important to mention that if you’re legally authorized to work in Mexico, your salary will be in Mexican Pesos based on exchange rate at contract signing time.
We’re a recruiting automation platform.
We provide recruiting chatbots, applicant tracking software and workflow automation tools to some of the largest companies in Latin America. With technology and data science, we connect people to jobs that they will love.
Our investors include leading Mexican, American and European venture capital funds.
We hold recurrent organization wide meetings and have an underlying culture of full transparency across teams.
As an enterprise SaaS company, our top priorities are reliability and security along with maintainable code, and we’re pushing to improve our documentation as we understand how important it is for systems’ reliability and team member experience.
All teams are diverse and full of talented individuals who seek professional development.
Our engineering team is one of the most dynamic teams within the organization, always trying new tools and pushing the boundaries towards innovative solutions while preserving security and reliability of our systems.
We perform code reviews on a daily basis and give individual contributors the power to deploy to production. We also have an RFC process in place for software and infrastructure design proposals and decisions. Furthermore, we encourage pair programming, although it is individuals’ decision to do so.
Team members are expected to have ownership and accountability for their work as we allow ourselves to fail and fail fast; the faster we learn from our mistakes the better.
Who you are
We expect all our team members to be passionate about their job, so we can keep creativity and innovation at the forefront.
- You love designing and shipping new products as much as iterating on existing ones
- You value team outcome over individual contributions
- You’re focused and like to get challenging projects across the finish line
- You have experience working with a remote team
- You’ve strong organizational skills
- You’ve strong written communication skills
- You’re humble and curious
- You like to give and receive constructive feedback regularly
- You like to help your teammates with their career development
- You enjoy going back to basics if needed with one-off tasks
- You like to share what you learn
- You’d like to contribute to company’s culture
Although we value experience over specific language/technology domain, the following are the minimum hard-skills required
- 4+ years working with a modern programming language . Go and Python are preferred but not mandatory.
- 2+ years of experience designing software and infrastructure
- 3+ years working with one or more of the following Cloud providers: AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Proven experience guiding teams and individuals to take good technical decisions
- Proven understanding (any) of Linux systems as well as network concepts
- Relevant experience working with enterprise grade security standards
- Proven experience building and designing enterprise grade software solutions; including security best practices.
Interested? Our typical hiring process looks like
- Automated screening through our Bot
- Take home challenge
- 30 minute call with our CTO
- 90 minute technical interview
- 60 minute code challenge
- 30 minute chat to deep dive in your professional experience
- 60 minute design, architecture and infrastructure interview. No code
- 60 minute cultural fit interview. Get to know your teammates.
- Offer letter