Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
Our data-driven, deep-learning-based methodology enables any airline to truly maximize their revenue and accurately forecast outcomes, even under unprecedented conditions such as COVID-19.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented Manager of Software Engineering with a background in data intensive software to lead our Data Platform software team.
This is a key leadership role in our product software engineering organization. Our Data Platform team is responsible for the software to support data at FLYR — tools to manage the schemas in our data warehouse, frameworks for pipelines and data quality monitoring, and the data science feature store used to bring leading-edge ML-based products to market. Your team will own library code and tools used by our customer-facing Delivery teams to build data pipelines and ingest new customer data.
We use Google BigQuery as our primary warehouse, Apache Airflow as our orchestration engine, and Apache Beam / Google Dataflow as our workflow engine, with nearly all of our tooling in Python.
As a team of engineers, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Directly supervise from 6 to 10 software engineers, data architects, and analysts. Provide technical mentorship and training, and promote success in their career path at FLYR.
- Lead the development of software frameworks and tools for data management.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver the tools to meet those needs.
- Develop enhancements to the data warehouse by leading the delivery of schema changes and data quality metrics needed to support new product features.
- Define processes and build tools to support onboarding and ingest of new data sources.
- Support and coordinate with customer implementation team managers in standardization of practices and processes for data source ingest.
- Lead your team in delivering tools for data quality monitoring and validation.
- Coordinate with DevOps on defining infrastructure monitoring requirements and practices for production data pipelines.
- Advocate for and lead process improvement within our fast-growing engineering organization
What can you bring on this trip?
- Experienced people leader. Previous experience as an engineering manager leading a high caliber team.
- You must have experience as an engineering manager leading development teams delivering complex software products and tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to peer managers and executive stakeholders. Led an engineering team delivering against goals in an Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Experience operating software and data services in production. Must have experience leading software development on a SaaS product or service delivery environment.
- A strong plus is experience in the development and support of library code or tools used outside your direct team.
- A strong plus is previous experience managing teams building and operating data transformation pipelines.
- A strong plus is significant experience working with large scale complicated datasets and experience with data warehouses, ETL automation, BI visualization tools, and cloud-based data management tools.
What we can offer you?
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company matching
- Weekly catered lunch and team lunches/outings
- Dog-friendly office environments
- Flexible working (remote eligible)!