We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our data engineering practice within the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing product development organization.
The individual will be responsible for optimizing our existing Data platform and helping to design our next generation analytics environment. The ideal candidate is experienced in data, business intelligence, analytics, machine learning, and who enjoys building new solutions and optimizing existing solutions.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you’ll be on a development team where you can work on the next generation of cloud software. You’ll get to work directly with other engineers, analysts, product managers, and architects, all of whom make up the team. In this highly collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer and help mentor others.
The Sr. Data Engineer position requires excellent Object-Oriented programming and Design Pattern skills with an emphasis on large scale data platforms. The engineer will be involved in the deployment of our enterprise software solution to the cloud. The job requires you to be able to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex software application at the enterprise level.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement business objectives.
- Design, model, develop & optimize software to meet data management and data reporting objectives.
- Design and model data flows and procedures ensuring data quality and integrity
- Working with other data engineers and application engineers to ensure that data sets feeding the analytics platforms are tuned for optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the processes used and the content produced by the BI platform.
- Work with business stakeholders to define and improve standardized and ad-hoc analytics/reporting capabilities.
- Work as part of the data team to maintain and develop all components of the platform.
- Provide ongoing maintenance support through troubleshooting, report modifications and optimization.
- Provide input into the technical architecture and the data warehouse technology stack.
- Create functional and technical design documents and maintain documentation for all reports and dashboards created or modified
- Improve the developer experience for product development teams
- Have a high bar for yourself and others when working with production systems
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a diverse group of people partnering effectively with the team members, partners, and customers.
Required Qualifications: (If a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification, otherwise it is preferred)
- Experience building event-driven, reactive microservices with Akka or Kafka Streams
- Proficient with CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Recent experience with Scala, Kotlin, or Java
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms
- Strong experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- 2+ Public Cloud Development Experience
- 5+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of BI & data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data modeling in large Data warehousing, data lake environment
- 1+ years of data science experience with building regression, classification models
- Good analytical skills with excellent knowledge of SQL and advance SQL.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, another quantitative field or relevant work experience.
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform.