We’re hiring a Sr Data Engineer to be a part of our technology team to build and enhance the data infrastructure for Openly’s insurance platform. You will play a critical role in how we manage, structure, store, and access the data that enables our insurance products and customer experiences.
Design, create, and maintain ETL pipelines
Work with data science and business teams to create data sets to be used in various projects
Collaborate with our product, operations, and technology teams to develop and deploy new solutions related to data architecture and ETL pipelines to enable a best-in-class product for our users
Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, processes, etc.
Build out our internal tooling and APIs to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer.
Participate in daily stands, weekly 1:1’s, and biweekly retros
- Provide subject matter expertise and support
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g. promote best practices and mentor folks who want to learn from you)
4+ years of data engineering and DBA experience
- Experience with the entire ETL pipeline: Data Integration tools, Databases, Big Data Platforms, and cloud-based data platforms.
- Exposure to and support of data visualization tools, such as Looker.
- Experience in building from the ground up a modern next-generation data warehouse platform.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL or PL/SQL optimization and development.
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the following: Bash, Python, and/or Ruby
- Deep understanding of data architecture as it relates to business goals and objectives
- Ability to explain complex technical challenges to technical audiences.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) company contributions, flexible spending accounts, and monthly remote stipend
- Fun, high-energy startup environment
- Remote workforce even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm