Tenet3 is a growing cybersecurity and systems analytics firm in Dayton, OH. We provide solutions to difficult computer science, systems security engineering, and cloud-scale machine learning and data processing challenges. These solutions are delivered through software and services to government and commercial customers working on highly technical problems. We are looking for flexible software engineers who can drive the engineering of R&D projects.
R&D software engineers work in a team to apply their back-end and full-stack development experiences to build software using state-of-the-art data science tools and frameworks, data visualization engines, and scalable cloud infrastructure for massive data processing. R&D software engineers work in small teams and have significant leeway in specifying and executing the development of never-before-seen capabilities. It is critical that R&D software engineers be skilled learners and are willing to dive head first into new technology. R&D software engineers have an experimentalist’s mindset, are not discouraged by failure, and are motivated by a broad-base interests in data mining and analytics, scalable computing, and data visualization and presentation. The team develops against a modern AI and data science stack (Python; Keras and Tensorflow; PySpark; OpenCV) that integrates with AWS services and are deployed within containerized (Docker) environments.
R&D Software Engineers enjoy a competitive salary, a very generous benefit package, an informal but productive working environment, and daily engagement with the company’s brilliant and collegial staff.
Responsibilities with Approximate Effort
75% – Develop technical solutions that support our research and technology development needs. Actively participate in the R&D process by helping research engineers and scientists with prototype development and engineering stack creation for bleeding edge technology. Work with Engineering and our Product Solutions teams to build requirements and support the transition of research proof of concepts and prototypes into agile DevSecOps processes. Effectively document the development process and experimental results.
25% – Interface with research, software development, and customer solutions teams to understand software and service requirements. Propose new R&D systems of benefit to the company and our customers.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance.
- 3+ years back-end or full-stack development experience.
- Python development experience including Flask/Django.
- Experience developing against AWS or other cloud computing platforms.
- Knowledge of software engineering life cycles, documentation, and design modeling.
- Ability to work independently and drive your own products.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, working multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- An open and friendly attitude and willingness to work in a team.
- Team-player attitude able to take and offer direction to others.
- MS or PhD in computer science or related technical field.
- Previous technical team lead experience.
- Experience with a Python data science stack.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or greater certification.
- Software development with machine learning frameworks and technologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A previously obtained DoD security clearance.
Salary And Benefits
- Remote optional work location with periodic office visits
- Very competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call “explainable security.” This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you and your talents to drive our success.
Tenet3 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.