We are looking for premier Software Engineers to join our newly formed Athena Quant Engineering team. In this team you will work with Quantitative Researchers to accelerate the adoption of machine learning and cloud technologies. This includes working with the firm-wide standard for Machine Learning (OmniAI) within the Athena platform. Our work is focused on business use-cases and collaboration across multiple teams and lines of businesses. The ideal candidate will be adept at working across a globally disperse and fast paced organization.
Required skills to be considered for this role:
* 3-5 years of experience in Python software development or other object oriented languages
* Experience designing cloud applications and successfully deploying them to production
* Development skills in Python or other object oriented languages
* Experience working with and developing APIs
* Experience building high performance, highly available and scalable systems
* Database technologies including both relational and NoSQL
* Strong SDLC mindset and familiarity with agile paradigms
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Comfortable working across different platforms and languages
* Some experience with ML libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch
* Experience working in Jupyter Notebooks
* Experience working with ML models in AWS SageMaker s
Cloud & ML/AI strategy:
J.P. Morgan Chase has made a strategic decision to fundamentally transform its operations through the adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning at scale. At J.P. Morgan, adopting cloud technologies helps us become more agile, more secure and more efficient. Please see here a recording of Lori Beer, CIO of J.P. Morgan Chase, speaking during the AWS re:Invent 2020 keynote on using AWS to modernize and innovate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEQJ9fg0y0 . J.P. Morgan Chase is leveraging many of the capabilities available in AWS including advanced AI and analytics functions. For example, we are using AWS Elastic Kubernetes Services (EKS) for risk calculations. Rapid innovation in machine learning is facilitated through our J.P. Morgan developed platform OmniAI which uses AWS SageMaker to build machine learning models.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans