Requisition ID: 279048
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
If you like challenges of next-generation Search and if you are experienced Search Engineer interested in building data-driven enterprise solutions with search algorithms and machine learning, then you will be the best fit for this role.
The Platform Team within SAP Ariba is looking for a Principal Engineer to build a state-of-the-art Intelligent Search Platform for SAP Ariba applications.
- Architect and implement the search infrastructure
- Determine the Search relevance, quality and provide recommendations of optimizing search results
- Experiment, improve and optimize search results on all areas of search from query and intent understanding, Natural Language Processing (NLP), ranking algorithms to the recommendation, machine learning, and personalization
- Collaborate and innovate with Product, Design, Data Science and Application teams to deliver the quickest, most relevant and reliable search experience across all products
- Work closely with partner teams to help drive search as a platform and power products across the engineering organization
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of working hands-on experience on applied search technologies, including appropriate usage of ML techniques
- Expert knowledge in Search Technologies (e.g. Lucene, Solr) used in building a large-scale search infrastructure
- Excellent skills in system architecture & design, data analysis, and problem-solving
- Experience in building scalable, distributed search backend services and product integration
- Expert Programming skills in JAVA and Python
- Deep expertise in ML models and their development, training/testing and productization, TensorFlow, Keras is desirable
- Familiarity with developing and integrating with microservices, event-driven and parallel processing pipelines, modern DevOps practices
- Passion for customers, product quality, security, and service excellence
- Knowledge of Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, Jupyter notebooks is a plus
- Experience and expertise in cybersecurity for cloud services, Kubernetes, general hyperscaler understanding is a plus
About SAP Ariba:
SAP Ariba is the worlds business commerce network. We help companies extend their business commerce processes into the Cloud, where they can use our Procurement solutions and the Ariba Network to find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. The Ariba Network is the worlds largest trading partner community with more than $3.75 trillion of commerce flowing through and more than 5.3 million businesses in 190 countries around the world.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual – USA