About The Role
G2 is looking for an inquisitive Lead Data Analyst to help grow our Marketplace and contribute to the success of our software buyers, reviewers and sellers. You will combine your data wrangling and statistical skills with your unique experience to answer questions and make recommendations. In addition to leading analytics projects, you will improve our communication of data through dashboards, reports and presentations. The Lead Data Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of Data Science & Analytics.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Product Managers helping them understand how features are performing, diagnose areas for improvement and help set goals
- Ensure all reporting metrics are clearly defined and easily accessible for teammates
- Advise partners and customers, using your experience to help the ask the right questions and develop testable hypotheses
- Lead data-driven discovery projects, drawing answers for our collection of technology reviews, software listings and marketplace data
- Discuss your analysis with all audiences and use data to illustrate your findings and support your conclusions
- Apply data visualization best practices to share insights and empower users with exploratory dashboards, helping them unlock a competitive advantage with G2 data
- Work with data engineers to improve our data governance and grow our data delivery and reporting tools
- Provide mentorship to team members, helping them understand complex datasets/models/requirements
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5+ years experience in data analysis roles – preferably with experience in User Generated Content (UGC), digital analytics or in the software industry
- Understanding of data architectures and how they are applied in context and ability to share best practices across the organization
- Experience designing dashboards and integrating analytics into operational workflows with tools such as Looker, Tableau or Domo
- Mastery of SQL and working with relational databases
- Proficiency in at least one statistical programming languages (R/Python)
- Ability to tell stories with data, conveying insights and responding to questions from leaders and peers
- Experience in teaching and mentoring data analysts
- Experience working on an agile environment with multiple teams
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.