IT Support Manager
SubjectWell is a venture-backed technology company on an unstoppable mission to disrupt the antiquated $100 billion-dollar clinical trial patient recruitment sector. Almost all clinical trials fall behind schedule, leaving patients unable to access the most promising treatments and pharmaceutical and biotech companies unable to quickly carry their innovations to market. SubjectWell was founded by two entrepreneurs on their third successful startup, to unlock the potential of a true marketplace for clinical trials. We leverage proven data science and performance marketing techniques to hit a hard reset to the massive patient recruitment challenge that sits at the critical nexus of speeding delivery of the best therapeutics to the world.
Here’s your chance to really make a difference, both in your career and in the lives of millions.
About the position
The IT Support Manager will oversee IT support for our foreign offices and will be responsible for developing and coordinating a support structure, monitoring all activities and implementing projects as needed.
The role of the IT Support Manager within the organization is to ultimately identify and bring forth technology infrastructure and solutions. This role serves as the primary point of contact for the support operations in our Cape Town, South Africa office (currently 150 employees) and for future offices in Europe and South America. The successful candidate will identify needs and coordinate activity with internal and external teams. The IT Support Manager is responsible for providing IT systems management and support services that enable the growth of the company and plays an integral part in working with operational teams on how to efficiently utilize technology in supporting the business.
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day activities of support desk operations to ensure users and business teams receive the support they require
- Responsible for conducting periodic reviews with teams as well as weekly and monthly status reports to key stakeholders
- Set high standards for issue handling, escalation and problem management for our foreign workforce
- Recognize inefficiency and drive process improvement to enhance the productivity of all foreign employees
- Work closely with technology team to plan for the support of new tools and services and improve the level of support provided for existing ones
- Responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders, re-structuring of support desk/business processes, ticket delegation and incident management
- Champion support processes and ticket system training across the company.
- Track ticket data and generate reports on the help desk performance.
- Manages the incident queue so that IT support issues are driven to closure
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the workload/performance and identify trends in IT issues
- Ensure that all policies and procedures for communication and escalation of incidents and issues are followed, and that the IT team is up to date with industry standard policies and protocols
- Define and maintain a comprehensive root cause analysis and apply appropriate solutions
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems
- Lead several weekly meetings to maintain project timelines and deliverables
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience in IT support, preferably in a lead role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Background in technical troubleshooting and strong analytical skills
- Established time and project management skills with the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience with ticket management systems
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Technical experience in the following a plus: Windows Domain Controllers, Windows Group Policies, Office 365 Administration, System Imaging, VPN Administration, IP Telephony
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits for employee and immediate family
- 401(k) with 3% employer contribution
- Company stock options
- Flex PTO
- Casual office