We’re hiring a Go Software Engineer to be a part of our technology team to build the backend for Openly’s insurance platform. You will play an important role in building, testing, and maintaining the Go services that power our insurance products and customer experiences.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to create API’s to provide a best-in-class experience for our users
- Integrate with external services to manage payments, documents, and claims.
- Integrate with data providers to source real-time information on hundreds of data points, including property characteristics and risk profiles
- Build out our API’s so third-party resellers can purchase insurance from us programmatically
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions like microservices vs. monoliths, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, processes, etc.
- Build out our internal tooling and APIs to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer.
- Participate in daily stands, weekly 1:1’s, and biweekly retros
- Provide subject matter expertise and support
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g. promote best practices and share what you’ve learned)
- Computer science or engineering college degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of professional/production experience developing back-end web-stack applications
- Ability to build a complete feature with technical direction. Solid understanding of core engineering concepts relevant to the company’s technical needs.
- Ability to explain technical challenges to technical audiences
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Frontend: Browser-based, VueJS, Webpack, Nuxt &, Tailwind
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Dev hardware: Macbook Pro’s
- We’re actively breaking up our monolith into microservices…
- Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud. We use GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use GitLab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines.
- Remote work tools: slack, zoom, gather.town, donut
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm