Founded by two MIT engineers in 2013, Ultranauts is an onshore quality engineering firm powered by cognitively diverse teams. We offer a broad suite of software and data quality services with specialized capabilities in test automation for software and data pipelines, advanced analytics, and accessibility. Ultranauts has been named a Fast Company World Changing Idea, MIT SOLVE Challenge winner and Interbrand Breakthrough Brand, and our clients include a wide range of F500 enterprises, cutting edge technology companies, and top-tier digital agencies.
Ultranauts helps clients develop strategies to build quality into their processes and pipelines to enhance business value, and our quality engineering teams deliver manual and automated tests for new development, data management and data science.
Ultranauts is looking to hire a full-time Engagement Manager to join our team and be part of a high growth, high impact services company. Engagement Managers are responsible for running client engagements from inception to completion, including managing customer relationships, supervising testing teams and ensuring project success.
As an Engagement Manager at Ultranauts, you will be accountable for all facets of project execution, including project kickoff, strategizing, test planning, managing schedules, resourcing, and identifying risks & opportunities, while maintaining constant communication with your clients, team and other internal stakeholders. You will need to be equally comfortable shaping engagement strategy with senior executives, defining project requirements with business leads, solving technical challenges with engineers, and driving day-to-day project execution with your testing team.
Key Position Benefits
- The chance to work with talented and motivated colleagues
- The opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing, innovative, mission-driven company
- A flexible work environment designed so everyone can thrive
- Opportunity to work with new technologies and cloud services
- Set up engagements for success. Gain understanding of client’s business needs and technology stack, define engagement strategy and priorities, kick-off project.
- Develop client relationships. Respond to client needs, manage expectations, share regular updates, provide insights and recommendations, identify opportunities for growth, develop long term enterprise strategy
- Manage remote testing team. Establish project priorities, provide clear direction, supervise day-to-day execution, ensure adherence to standards, ensure team is equipped to deliver on time and within budget, keep internal stakeholders updated
- Implement best-in-class tools, processes and practices in DevOps and quality engineering to continuously enhance the value provided to clients.
- Coach and develop a team. Provide guidance and feedback, conduct performance reviews, support career growth and development
- Contribute to the company’s growth. Participate in internal initiatives including developing new practices and services, and support the organization’s positive culture.
- Experience with software test automation and/or data quality projects
- 5+ years IT consulting and/or management consulting
- 3+ years experience in client-facing roles with accountability for project success
- Management of remote staff
- Experience working in a startup or new business unit which required wearing multiple hats and doing whatever it takes to get stuff done
- Direct experience with software development, including a thorough understanding of the full development and production lifecycle
- Direct experience in quality engineering and assurance a must, with an intimate knowledge of how quality fits into agile and CI/CD
- Aptitude for learning new tools and technologies, and applying programming and engineering concepts to solve business challenges
- Aptitude for learning new subject matter in technical and business domains, and ability to dissect complex problems and drive towards simple, effective solutions
- Passion for coaching and developing talent, and ability to manage remote teams with varying communication styles and technical skill levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a professional and positive demeanor under pressure
- Ability to work independently including determining priorities, meeting deadlines, articulating needs and escalating issues as needed
- Scrum certification or applied experience a plus
Neurodiverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply