ED, Data Scientist Director
CCB FAST Data Science, Analytics & Insights
JP Morgan Chase & Co
The CCB Focused Analytics Solutions Team is responsible for working across CCB to develop and execute actionable data science and analytical solutions in a consulting-style environment that places a premium on creative problem solving and client interaction. The role works on strategic, highly visible projects with internal clients across the Chase lines of business and functions, such as Consumer Banking, Home Lending, Business Banking, Auto Finance, Wealth Management, Marketing, Digital, Operations, Strategy, and others. It is a unique opportunity to have meaningful impact on a large scale at a leading financial services firm. The role will develop data-centric solutions that move the bottom line for the firm.
The role is a unique opportunity for an experienced practitioner in data science and analytics to manage teams and managers of teams executing against high priority efforts. The position offers an opportunity to work with cutting edge big data technologies and methods (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, and Python) and to apply analytical, data science skills and strategic skills to broad range of challenges faced by the enterprise.
* Provide thought leadership for analytics and Big Data projects on best practices, methods and tools
* Develop, plan, and manage the direction of analytical projects
* Synthesize analytical findings for consumption by senior business executives
* Manage teams of data scientists, both individual contributors and managers
+ Recruit the best and diverse talent for the team
+ Manage, develop and retain talent by creating an environment of open communication and fair performance assessment, promotion and compensation as well as provide the team with the resources, support and opportunities to excel
+ Set standards of excellence for the team by demonstrating professional expertise, strong work ethic, integrity and professional behavior
* Become trusted advisor and thought leader on business data and analytical techniques within FAST and the broader CCB Data & Analytics organization
+ Establish and manage relationships with clients and internal partners
+ Deliver rapid and scalable solutions that unlock value across CCB and enhance capabilities of existing CCB teams through collaborative partnerships
+ Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
+ Identify opportunities in the organization and leverage expertise, influencing skills, and the internal network to execute against them
* 8+ years of industry experience in data science or business analytics roles (e.g., marketing analytics, sales analytics, business insights)
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant quantitative field required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Physics, Data Science fields); advanced degree preferred
* Experience of leading teams with a proven track record of driving value for the business
* Direct people leadership experience required; experience managing both individual contributors and managers preferred
* Thought leader in data science and/or analytics who can help our internal clients define their business problem, create solutions to address it, plan and execute the implementation
* Excellent communicator who’s able to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner to senior executives
* Expert knowledge in quantitative methods for business and advanced data science
* Experience across broad range of modern data science and analytics platforms, languages, and tools (e.g., SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Python, R)
* Financial services background preferred, but not required
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans