About the Position
FiscalNote is seeking a Director of Product to develop and lead a team that executes a clear and compelling strategy for the FiscalNote platform, a B2B data and content platform that addresses executives policy and government information needs.
As a direct report to the Vice President of Product, Services, and Strategy, you will partner closely with R&D, Revenue, and company leadership to develop the product vision for FiscalNote. You will actively seek to further that vision by identifying opportunities to deliver our data, content, and technology in new ways and to new B2B clients. You will work closely with FiscalNotes Engineering, UX/Design, and Data Science teams to identify the best approaches to executing product roadmaps. You will coordinate cross-functional teams to formulate product concepts, conduct user and market research, create business cases/models (including pricing, licensing, etc.), and develop requirements. As an energetic and curious leader, you will continuously build and refine your understanding of our market, competitors, and clients and communicate this knowledge to others. You will have a bias for action and rely on data and evidence to inform decisions.
About the Product Team
The Product team at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product self-starter’s work to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs. If you want to work in a highly engaged and collaborative environment to solve emerging challenges, Product at FiscalNote is for you.
A natural leader and influencer. Diligent. Thoughtful. Detail-oriented. Innovative. You love to solve complex problems. You yearn to leverage technology to provide wider and more rapid access to that information. A self-starter, you are always able to understand the bigger picture and take a leading role to impact it. A strong communicator with the ability to effectively interact with technical and sales teams including external audiences as well as senior-level stakeholders. You love working across different groups in a fast-paced environment, and youre not afraid to embrace change.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Be a senior leader on the Product team and a member of the R&D leadership team Work collaboratively with all members of the Product team to successfully drive growth and retention opportunities for FiscalNote
- Work closely with the VP, Product, Services, and Strategy and other Directors on the Product team to set and define the overall product vision and product strategy
- Help to build and manage a team of product management and strategy professionals
- Work closely with product managers to support existing projects and with product leadership to define overall product priorities
- Partner closely with our business development and marketing departments to focus on supporting overall GTM activities (including positioning, pricing, and promotion)
- Partner closely with our corporate strategy and development groups to identify new markets for growth Work closely with internal stakeholders to build forecasts and cost models related to our product strategy
- Integrate market/customer knowledge, strategic insight, and a strong user focus to help create great products with strong product/market fit
- Develop an understanding of how FiscalNote products deliver value to our customers and our company while identifying ways our products could be improved to add further value
- Be able to articulate and shape product strategy through keen understanding of customer needs and business strategy
- Work closely with our user experience team to conduct research and validate new market opportunities.
What Sets You Apart:
- 8+ years of product management experience with B2B products, including time leading and managing a team of product professionals
- Experience building the strategy of product offerings based on trends, competitive analysis, historical performance, and future growth initiatives
- Experience finding product/market fit
- Deep experience with financial modeling, charting and analytics, development of presentations, and research
- Experience leading teams and acting as a coach and mentor to develop talent
- The ability to integrate as a team player and work cross-functionally; manage conflicting priorities and drive results with creative solutions. You have the ability to work and drive results independently as well as collaborate with others on solutions
- Extremely strong and clear communication skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate product direction and value proposition to a spectrum of internal and external audiences, including senior-level stakeholders and customers.
- A sharp eye for detail
- The ability to clearly articulate strategic product decisions and tie them to tactical tasks
Reference ID: #LI-AW1
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience Find the Truth Drive Alignment Level Up Own the Job Bias for Action Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNotes tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNotes growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure were all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure youre getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.