Marketing Analytics Data Scientist Sr. Associate – Consumer Bank
Consumer Bank Marketing Analytics
The CCB Data & Analytics Team unifies data and analytics talent across Chase to responsibly leverage data to build competitive advantages for our businesses with value and protection for customers. The team encompasses a variety of Data & Analytics disciplines, from data governance and data strategy/partnerships to reporting, data science and machine learning, and are actively engaged in ensuring impact at the front-line and the customer through Sales and Marketing transformation. We have a strong partnership with our dedicated Technology partners, who provide us with our cutting edge data and analytics infrastructure. Joining CCB Data & Analytics means you sit in the engine that powers Chase with insights, providing an opportunity to materially impact both our customer and business outcomes. The team also offers significant learning and mobility opportunities for career development and future growth.
Consumer Bank Marketing Analytics team within CCB Data & Analytics is responsible for measuring the effectiveness and driving the strategy of Chase’s Consumer Bank marketing campaigns. The results and learnings from these analyses, which seek to quantify both statistical and practical significance, are used to drive future campaigns and to optimize Chase’s multimillion dollar marketing spend. This role is focused on analyzing performance of prospect acquisition and customer deepening campaigns that drive incremental high-quality customer growth for the Consumer Bank.
The Data Scientist in this role will:
* Own the end-to-end analytics for multiple campaign strategies which includes
+ Regular campaign performance measurement
+ Unstructured ad hoc analysis of customer behavior
+ A/B and incrementality test reads
+ Profitability and optimization analysis
* Consult on experimental design and data collection
* Interpret results and present to stakeholders and senior management
* Partner with marketing strategy managers to optimize campaigns and develop new strategies
* Continuously develop skills to provide best-in-class analytics to the business
* Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Data Science/Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related fields)
* 3+ years of experience in applying statistical methods to real world problems
* 3+ years of experience with SQL and at least one of the following analytical tools: SAS, Python, R (Python preferred)
* Experience with visualization techniques for data analysis and presentation (Tableau preferred)
* Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe/Omniture Insight/Visual Sciences, Webtrends, CoreMetrics, etc.)
* Superior written, oral communication and presentation skills with experience communicating concisely and effectively with all levels of management and partners
Candidates who will be successful in this role will be:
* Intellectually curious and eager to learn new things with an eye towards innovation
* A strategic thinker with the ability to focus on business goals
* Excellent at solving unstructured problems independently
* Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
* A strong communicator and able to build relationships with key stakeholders
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans