Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
CCB (Consumer & Community Bank) Data & Analytics Team unifies data and analytics talent, tools and capabilities from across CCB to demonstrate the tremendous value our people drive for our businesses. The team encompasses a variety of Data & Analytics disciplines, from data platform strategy and governance to data science, reporting and machine learning. We have a strong partnership with our dedicated Technology partners, who provide us with our cutting edge data and analytics infrastructure.
Joining CCB Data & Analytics means you sit in the engine that powers Chase with insights, inspires customer-centric innovation, and solves problems in a dynamic and effective manner. The team also offers significant learning and mobility opportunities for career development and future growth.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of analytical products and solutions for our clients. We’ll give you what you need to succeed from training to mentoring from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills
CCB Focused Analytics Solutions Team is responsible for working across CCB to develop and execute actionable data science and analytical solutions which leverage Big Data in a consulting-style environment that places a premium on creative problem solving and client interaction. The team works on a large range of strategic, highly visible projects with internal clients including Consumer Banking, Home Lending, Card Services, Business Banking, Auto Finance, and Merchant Services. The role will develop data-centric solutions that move the bottom line for the firm. It is a unique opportunity to have meaningful impact on a large scale at a leading financial services firm.
What to expect
The Data Scientist Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the FAST team to:
* Develop, plan, and execute analytical projects as an individual contributor and in teams
+ Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
+ Pivot quickly as client guidance evolves, always keeping the ultimate project objective in mind. Manage evolving project requirements while continuously learning quickly on-the-job
+ Establish and embrace guidelines to ensure consistency and high quality of presentation materials in appearance, tone, and style
+ Collaborate with unit managers, end users, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate data discoveries and processes into operational capabilities
+ Potentially mentor and coach other Data Scientists on the FAST team
* Synthesize analytical findings for consumption by senior business executives
+ Develop preliminary hypotheses rapidly, focusing on the most important insights to meet the business need
+ Be a story teller capable of delivering practical data insights in a compelling manner actionable by senior leadership
+ Articulate analytical findings in clear and concise deliverables, including presentations, discussions, and visualizations
* Become trusted advisor and thought leader on business data and analytical techniques
+ Establish and manage relationships with clients and internal partners
+ Develop deep subject matter expertise in various financial and operational domains to support diverse book of work
+ Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
+ Demonstrate intellectual curiosity for solving difficult business problems
Drive data science and analytics strategies including recommendations on analytical products, services, protocols, and standards across the firm
We’re looking for highly-motivated individuals who can design, plan and execute on projects to meet specific client needs. The position offers an opportunity to:
* Apply strategic, analytical and data science skills to broad range of challenges faced by the enterprise
* Develop deep domain knowledge of various financial services and products including credit cards, demand deposit accounts, loans, and retail operations
* Deepen market knowledge of various industries including retail sales, payments, small businesses, consumer credit, investment vehicles, human behavior, operational efficiency and financial technologies
* Gain technical expertise in cutting edge big data technologies and methods (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, and Python)
* Grow leadership skills by managing clients and projects, potentially mentoring and coach other Data Scientists on FAST and by socializing new ideas across the firm
* Undergraduate or advanced degree in analytical field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics), data bootcamp certification, or industry experience in analytical roles (e.g., consulting, modeling, data analysis)
* In general, top-tier talent, as demonstrated by performance history and educational background/accomplishments
* Ability to work in large and medium sized project teams, as self-directed contributor with a proven track record of being detail orientated, innovative, creative, and strategic
* Influencer with great interpersonal skills and proven ability to achieve alignment across a range of different views and interests
* Excellent communicator able to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner to senior executives
* Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas
* Thought leader in data science and analytics who can define analytical agenda for projects, demonstrates ability to frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assessing data needs, sourcing files, preparing data, creating new features, evaluating quality, etc.), and executes with precision
* Knowledge of modern data mining, quantitative research, and data science techniques (e.g., decision trees, regressions, machine learning, string similarity, behavioral analytics, look-a-like models)
* Experience across broad range of modern data science and analytics tools (e.g., SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Python, R)
* Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills with experience communicating effectively with diverse audiences – across business and technology partners, including senior leadership
* Consulting orientation with ability to influence and effectively lead cross-functional teams
* Experience managing a team and developing talent
* Self-starter with out-of-the box problem solving skills and a drive to bring new ideas to life
* Strong time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track
* Experience with data analytics and/or visualization techniques (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau), as well as big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, AWS)
* Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline
* Financial services background preferred, but not required
* Experience at top tier analytics consulting firm is a plus
* MBA or other Masters’ degree in a quantitative field
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans