Fracta.ai usesmachine learning and big data to optimize infrastructure investments – starting with water pipe network replacement solutions for water utilities worldwide. Our mission is to help utilities manage and conserve resources through the creation of intelligent infrastructure. Fracta gives utility companies the most comprehensive view of conditions, allowing them to optimize replacement decisions and reduce costs by as much as 40 percent.
About the Role
We are looking for a results-driven, motivated Data Scientist who is passionate about creating world-class machine learning models and predictions. This is a junior role which will allow you to test innovative techniques and models to improve the accuracy of our core algorithm and create a huge impact at the company. It is a role which requires creativity and a keen ability to solve difficult data problems. We take personal development seriously, so all members of the data science team receive mentoring and opportunities to grow in their careers.
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing machine learning in real-world applications – minimum 1 years of experience.
- Experience with structured data.
- Knowledge and ability to deal with challenging data problems such as data mining, feature definition and ML-based data cleaning.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly imbalanced data sets
- Experience working with data in a cloud-based application (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of Python required, PyTorch and SQL (BigQuery) preferred
- Team player: able to solve problems as part of a team
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented start-up
Position is based downtown Redwood City, CA, right by the Caltrain station.