The goal of the education initiative is to provide every student, and every teacher, the opportunity to reach his or her full potential. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative supports and develops personalized learning experiences that are passionate about and led by the learner – meeting them where they are cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally. We’re helping to bring a new personalized learning platform to the globe’s generation of students and help advance the potential of humanity.
Data is critical in achieving this goal. We are looking for data engineer to help ingest, coordinate and use data to help students in our program continue to grow and set them up for a lifetime of success.
- Deeply understand the product and resolve how data engineering can support its success
- Help craft, refactor, and upgrade the data architecture to best support the team
- Discover, vet, and integrate the right set of data tools
- Maintain the standard methodologies for data privacy and security while providing access to data to empower high-quality analytics and data science.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, data scientists, and PMs to ensure that data captured on and off platform is consistent and accurate. This includes external third party data.
- Build scalable systems for data use by all members of the initiative
- Determine the data infrastructure needs for sharing data with external partners
- Experience in software engineering with demonstrated experience in Data Engineering
- Excellent SQL skills
- Solid experience with dimensional data modeling and schema design in a database or data warehouse
- A desire to find ways of improving the use of data and drive projects to realize those improvements.
- Expertise with scripting languages
- Strong Experience with ETL tooling
- Extensive Experience with large scale cloud data warehouses
- Passionate about education and bringing technology to improving education
- A history of strong collaboration with data and analytic specialists and non-experts to understand and fill data needs.
- A track record of driving major projects to completion and impact
- A strong desire to continue to grow technical and non-technical skills.
- Experience in mentoring and evangelizing best engineering and data practices across organizations