The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management for one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with a $2.5 trillion balance sheet, including more than $900 billion in loans and $1.4 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Corporate Treasury Middle Office (CTMO) is part of the TCIO organization and provides support for the Firm in regards to both liquidity and structural interest rate risk (SIRR) reporting. Key responsibilities include:
* Overseeing the operating model that supports the aggregation of data used in the Firm’s risk reporting process (i.e. balance sheet detail, forecasts, and assumptions). This includes the execution of key data integrity controls, reconciliations, adjustments, and analytics.
* Coordinating the production of several Firmwide, LOB, and Legal Entity level risk reports (i.e. 5G, LCR, Stress, EaR, DV01, EVS) by agreed upon deadlines. This involves working with contacts globally to quickly research and explain variances in key risk measures and to facilitate sign-off by senior risk stakeholders prior to report distribution internally and to regulators.
* Partnering with internal data source providers and risk stakeholders across all lines of business to complete data investigations and resolve data quality issues with the goal of improving the timeliness and accuracy of all risk reporting on a continual basis.
* Responding to internal or regulatory requests to complete ad hoc data analysis or produce custom reports as needed.
The team is comprised of ~100 people with locations in North America (Delaware, Jersey City, and NYC), Europe (London, Warsaw) and Asia (Hong Kong, India).
The Associate will work with a small team responsible for managing CTMO’s intelligent automation (IA) book of work. The candidate will be expected to:
* Design and build simple and efficient solutions utilizing the Firm’s full IA toolset including Python, Alteryx, Xceptor, Tableau, UiPath, and RPA in the most expedited and controlled way while ensuring compliance with Firm IA policies and change management standards.
* Wear many hats during the life cycle of an IA solution including project manager, business analyst, data scientist, and solution developer. This will also include working with business stakeholders to understand their processes to ensure the solution meets the strategic needs of the business overall.
* Work with other IA teams across the firm and CTMO’s in house Technology team to leverage all ideas and best practices to ensure the most efficient solution is built and in the most expedited way. This includes the design of flexible solutions that can be recycled across the Firm to solve common business problems and that integrate efficiently into the existing business architecture.
* Spearhead the buildout of the organization’s intelligent automation capabilities globally by working with regional managers to establish and champion an IA program, facilitate training and solution design workshops, and lead a global forum to track and prioritize initiatives while ensuring compliance with the Firm’s IA policy.
* Develop strategic data diagnostic rules and processes to continuously improve data quality while participating in the Firm’s strategy data management program.
* Document solutions so they can be easily understood and configured as needed by business process owners after development is completed.
* Monitor execution of all IA tools and produce associated analytics and MIS to be shared with leadership as part of recurring reviews.
The chosen candidate will have an opportunity to:
* Become an expert in data management and analysis while improving their technical and programming skills with analytical and intelligent automation tools utilized in the industry.
* Improve their understanding of asset and liability management principles for a large financial institution with a balance sheet in excess of 2.5 trillion.
* Develop a good understanding of the key risk measures used by a financial institution to manage interest rate risk and liquidity exposure.
* Stay connected to changes in the industry and the regulatory landscape as they apply to liquidity and interest rate risk.
* Interact with senior executives and external regulators on a frequent basis as part of ad hoc analysis requests.
* Degree in a Technological, Data Science or Finance related field and at least 6 years’ experience working in a financial oriented role.
* Strong technical and programming skills.
* > 4 years’ experience developing process improvement solutions. Prior knowledge of Alteryx is a plus.
* Prior project management experience including planning and managing a project end to end.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills, critical thinking, investigative problem-solving and decision making talents.
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multitask, and bring tasks to complete closure.
* Organized and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to prepare executive level presentations.
* Ability to work across teams and drive initiatives forward.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans