Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You’ll have a major say in budgeting, hiring, mentoring, setting priorities and fostering a client-centric environment where everyone learns and grows. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
* Functional ownership in Finance Technology, specifically leading the implementation of Financial and Regulatory reporting functions onto the Corporate Technology Data Lake and leveraging Platform Services / Finance-as-a-Service to perform data management.
* Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs – Single Sourcing of Data, Architecture Convergence and Rationalization of Platforms.
* Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computation and data storage solutions.
* Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a related field
* Minimum of one year of work experience as a solution architect
* Deeply passionate about learning and innovating using the latest and greatest in big data engineering, cloud and open source
* Strong design skills for individual applications (solution architecture) and across applications (enterprise architecture)
* 10+ years’ experience working in big data environment, working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
* Sound understanding of various data solution patterns and when to use them: ETL/ELT, RDBMS, Normalization/De-normalization, Key-Value, In-Memory, Wide Column, Columnar, Graph, Text Indexing, Streaming, Messaging
* 2+ years’ experience designing and implementing data solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), using offerings such as: S3, Athena, Glue, EMR, Lambda, RDS, EC2, DynamoDB, Elasticache, Redshift, Kinesis
* Strong software engineering and object-oriented programming skills with expertise in languages such as SQL, Python, Scala and Java; and open source frameworks/libraries, such as Spark, Airflow, Kafka
* Strong data architecture, data warehousing, data modeling and data manipulation skills, such as in SQL, Stored Procedures, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
* Knowledge of traditional big data systems, such as Hadoop, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie, Cassandra
* Experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean
* Hands on experience with various Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, Superset, Kibana, D3.js
* Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders
* Ability to produce quality results in an evolving, fast-paced environment
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to formulate and deliver engaging presentations that influence audience
* Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN/Crucible/Jira, Git/Stash
* Experience with real-time, stream processing
* Experience with MPP cloud data-warehouse-as-a-service offerings, such as Snowflake
* Familiarity with predictive analytics, data science, machine learning, deep learning
* Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, specifically SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Nice to Have
* Experience re-engineering and migrating on-premises data solutions to and for the cloud
* Experience building on emerging cloud serverless managed services, to minimize/eliminate physical/virtual server footprint
* Experience building APIs, web services and/or data-as-a-service offerings
* Experience with containers, Kubernetes, Docker
* Experience implementing security solutions for data storage and processing in the cloud
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans