The Capacity Planning and Analysis (CP&A) organization is a part of Consumer and Community Banking Finance and Operations divisions. The Quantitative Workforce Optimization (QWO) team is tasked with delivering quantitatively driven solutions to support the core CP&A functions (demand forecasting, capacity planning, resource scheduling, and business analysis & support). The CP&A team supports Chase’s call centers, back office, and ~5,200 retail branches.
Projects engaged by the QWO team can be complex, data intensive, and of a high level of difficulty, each having significant impact on the business. Typically these problems will be of an unstructured nature, whereby the employee will be expected to quickly assess and comprehend the situation then develop a practical problem solving strategy. You will be expected to analyze the topic in question, develop solution proposals and review their results and next steps with management for prioritization, timing, and delivery.
The Data Science team is tasked with building next-gen data science solutions that move us closer to real-time inference and decision making, including:
* Demand Forecasting – teller, banker, call center, back office, etc. transaction forecasting
* Supply Forecasting – staffing, service levels, and stress forecasting and outlooks.
* Schedule Optimization – predictive scheduling and optimization
* Operations Research – branch , call center, back office simulation networks, digitization, and what-if scenario testing
The Data Scientist Senior Associate will be charged with delivering on the CTB functional priorities listed prior. Your work will directly support the greater CCB BP&A efforts to ensure they have the best and most predictive data available for use, and will work hand-in-hand with them to ensure Chase maintains the best quantitative workforce optimization.
Master’s Degree (MS/MA/MIS/MBA) with 3+ years or Doctorate (PhD) with 1+ years of experience operating as an analytics professional (e.g. data scientist, statistician, or related professions) in a quantitative field: Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Information Science, and related disciplines.
* Hands-on experience developing statistics models, machine learning models, and/or operations research simulations and models.
* Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc.
* Familiarity with basic data table operations (SQL, Hive, etc.)
* Excellent analytical skills with a track record in defining customer strategies through the use of data and analytics
Problem Solving & Leadership Skills
* Developing and communicating business recommendations and insights in easy-to-understand-way leveraging data to tell a story
* Demonstrated relationship building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence.
* History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
* Develop and maintain working relationship with other businesses, functional groups and vendor organizations. Ability to work effectively and gain credibility and respect of others.
* Advanced expertise with Time Series and Operations Research techniques.
* NLP / NLG, Neural Nets, or other ML/AI skills
* Experience in Deep Learning: DNN, CNN, RNN/LSTM, GAN or other auto encoder.
* Experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (Tensorflow, Theano, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, and statsmodels).
* Experience with Python, Tableau, Spark
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans