We are seeking an Application Software Engineer to design and implement the user interface software for our diagnostic instrument, including integrating the UI code into the full software system. This role is for you if you enjoy transforming user requirements and design into real code. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team including mechanical, electrical, software, firmware, database, and data science engineers. We are seeking a talented individual who will embrace our mission and flourish in a dynamic, rigorous, and entrepreneurial environment.
In Your First 6 Months
- Design and implement the UI based on requirements.
- Complete the initial UI implementation testing against a simulator.
- Integrate your software with the actual instrument and display.
How You Will Contribute
- Continuously improve the UI software to meet design, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Complete verification and validation testing of integrated software.
- Support the UI for our in-house instruments developed for R&D.
- Develop and maintain an issue and bug tracking plan.
- Develop a strategy for a secondary software release and possible web application user interfaces.
Key Technical Competencies
- UI software on a Linux host environment
- Qt/Qt.io, Webkit/Webengine
- C++, and/or other high-level object-oriented language
- Multi-processing / concurrency / inter-process communication: sockets, pipes, etc.
- Functional, regression, and stress testing and maintaining UI development test suites
We’d Love to Hear from You if You
- Are skillful in design and implementation under memory and processing constraints.
- Have an outstanding work ethic and passion for multi-disciplinary product development.
- Have a drive to innovate, find and solve problems.
- Are insightful, capable of working independently, and enjoy working in a collaborative setting.
- Are a continuous learner, picking up new technologies quickly and as needed.
- Apply critical thinking skills with an eye for identifying the root cause, troubleshooting, and breaking down a problem into its fundamental components to devise rational solutions.
Education & Experience
- 3+ years as the lead UI/UX software engineer
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related discipline
- API design and development
- Containers; docker integration
- Python, jupyter
- React, dash