Do you get excited by driving product impact via measurement and evaluation, for products and services used by hundreds of millions of people globally?
The Siri Data organization improves Siri and Search by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization, the mission of the Search Analytics team is to inform product evolution through measurement, evaluation, and analysis of the user experience.
You will lead and continue to growa team of data scientists to partner with the Siri product and engineering teams to the build, evaluate, and improve with data, to develop amazing assistant experiences across iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch, tv, across dozens of languages. The team will be be responsible for evaluating the impact of products or components, data modeling, metrics development, experimentation and opportunity analysis.
The Siri Assistant Analytics team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated data scientist lead! You will partner across engineering groups building Siri Assistant; evangelize the culture for using data to measure, understand, and improve our products and features. You have a background that fuses data science, engineering, and product thinking. You have years of experience directing a team that loves to dive into data and build measurement, evaluation, and insights to improve products.
*In this role*,* you will*
* Lead the development of rigorous human rating or online user-based metrics and measurement. Define what our evaluation tools should do and guide their development.
* Be involved in new product definition with a view to crisply defining what the success criteria are.
* Drive high-impact exploratory analyses and investigations to enrich our understanding of how people interact with and use Siri Assistant across many settings and over time.
* Establish team capabilities (through hiring, training, tools, and process) that enable the reproducible, transparent, trusted work that influences decisions.
* Develop a strong consultancy approach that understands how to support and inform decisions over a large, complex feature development organization.
* Partner with Siri product and engineering teams working to understand the users voice, and to communicate effectively on Siri product impact, innovation, improvement, and growth.. Together you will develop learning plans with recommendations of analytical approaches to address questions or validate hypotheses and thereby optimize experiences and products
* Influence the roadmaps of partners and collaborators developing the Siri Assistant systems and Data analytics infrastructure. Ensure the analytics environment is conducive to productive work by your team, and partner with various teams to make it so.
You know how to recruit, hire, and grow people who are not only great technically but also demonstrate success in the highly collaborative, functional environment of innovation at Apple.
You are able to manage teams that are deeply embedded with partner organizations and a geographically distributed.
Your team is proactive and drives a vision, and works in service of something larger without creating a service org. Your team can deliver what is needed but also redefine what is possible.
As a leader, you give clear feedback to your team that balances opportunities for growth with vision to inspire. You are humble and lead by example, have compassion for your colleagues, and the challenges they face but can drive a controversial direction when needed.